Guido

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Sep 25 08:56:28 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 08:36:00AM +0000, mark cotton wrote:
=> I don't post to this site very often but I read it daily, and at least my
=> contributions are positive. I've never seen anything of yours, other than
=> your self-opinionated whinging about the website. I know your opinion of it
=> now, after having it (uninvitingly) rammed in my face every time something
=> happens on the website that does not not meet with your expert approval. Now
=> would you do me a favour and SHUT THE F*CK UP!

What are you, the thought police?

This is disgraceful.  Guido has been on this list literally for years,
and if you care to go back over the archives, you'll find he has made
many positive contributions to the list and its society.

What I find disturbing as of late is the orthodoxy that is becoming so
cloying on BOC-L now.  It seems there is little tolerance for
dissenting voices.  You can't dislike the Web site.  You can't
complain about the band.  You can't like Nik because you are being
disloyal to Dave.  You can't do this, you can't do that.  The Emperor
is wearing a fine set of threads.

The irony in this, for me, is that years ago we used to scoff at "the
other" Blue Oyster Cult group as being a group of uncritical drooling
fanboys.  Look at what we're becoming...

It's a sad day indeed when a complaint can't be seen as a positive
thing.

I apologise in advance for expressing an opinion.  I'll "STFU" now.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"We know you will be very happy here.  Nobody has complained... yet."
        --- Hawkwind, "Utopia"