Right to Decide lyrics (was Re: Guido)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Sep 25 12:08:28 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 09:49:52PM +0800, Bill & Cynthia wrote:
=> Paul wrote:
=> > The ironic thing is that I was wondering what the lyrics are to "Right
=> > to Decide" when I wrote that sentence, but, when I tried to look them
=> > up in "the only complete database of Hawkwind lyrics" on the official
=> > Web site, I couldn't find them... :-\
=>
=> Okay, I'm gonna teach you all how to use Rik's site.

Um... okay.

=> 1. Go to favourites and click on Hawkwind Mission Control

I don't have a favourites, but I did manage to dredge up the URL for
"Hawkwind Mission Control" via a Google search. :-)

=> 2. Click on the spinning little square. You'll find that in the centre of
=> the page.

Okey dokey.

=> 3. You'll see a little red eye - just position your mouse cursor on it and
=> you'll see "Control," "Home" 0r "Close"

I don't see a little red eye anywhere in the browser window.  (I
looked top to bottom, left to right.)

=> 4. Click on "Control"
=> 5. Click on "Catalogue"
=> 6. Click on lyrics

Sorry, I couldn't follow these last three steps.  (See above.)  But, I
did manage to find a direct URL to the Lyrics section of Mission
Control via another handy Google search.  (Incidentally, it's from the
"Catalogue" section I got the "The only complete database of Hawkwind
lyrics" quote I used in a previous message.:)

Going to the "R" section, I am offered:

     Reefer Madness
     The Right Stuff
     Robot
     Rocky Paths
     Running Through the Backbrain

So has "Right to Decide" been reclassified as an intrumental, now? ;-)

(It's not filed under "Decide, Right to," either---I checked.)

=> Hope this helps

Thanks for the help.  I think I'll try and hunt down the unofficial
BOC-L Hawkwind lyrics file, because I dimly recall it having "Right to
Decide" (or at least the BOC-L attempt at transcribing it).  At any
rate, it seemed to be a bit more complete than "the only complete
database of Hawkwind lyrics..." >;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu