website, wembley etc

dave evans achad13 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 26 05:32:15 EDT 2002

so what if someone does get paid to do a website? We pay the hakws by buying
the records and going to the gigs-
people gotta eat fer kriiiisakkes......

re Hawks and Motorhead at Wembley: I saw Alan Davey and Lemmy bassing ti for
the Hawks some years ago; a Crystal Palace outdoor gig, some kinds of drugs
benefit in the early 80s and they were unsurprisingly awesome....... Nik was
there too I think, or maybe that was Hammersmith the same year? Whichever- I
do recall him sticking his head in Lemmy's amps and headbanging, and getting
a very dirty look from the Lemster for doing so..... and the Crystal Palace
gig was notable for the bizarre sight of the encore, which was everyone from
all the bands who'd played during the day, all singing together, in a Live
Aid style...... pinching ourselves we watched Hawkwind, Doctor and the
Medics, about 5 other bands and VERA LYNN all singing together......... and
it was Vera's "We''ll meet again"......... ah, they don't write em like that
anymore..........

dave