BOC: Long Day's Night

Chuck Saden AgentOF at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 26 10:36:27 EDT 2002

Brian,
I bought two copies of this on Tuesday.  Having gone to the show, it was fun
flashing back.  On the picture on the back of the CD, you can see me and Che
standing all the way to the left.  Wow, a profile shot!

Buck is absolutely spectacular on this CD.  This Long Day's Night Snapshot is
a Pulitzer Prize Winner.
Not that anything is the new Definitive Version or Definitive Solo.  It's
just that it drives home the point how lucky we are to witness the variation
and inventiveness from night to night.  There's lot to sink your teeth into
on this CD.
Eric is already getting slagged on the vocals.  To be honest, the night of
the show, I thought he sounded a lot better than how it came out on the CD.
Having seen an hour of the HDTV show, it sounds better on film and is totally
enjoyable.
Wasn't it Sandy Pearlman, though, who said "I'm the only one who can make
Eric Bloom sound like Eric Bloom?" :-)

chuck

PS: Wait till you see the DVD version of Last Days of May and see Allen's
playing.  Very good, indeed!