BOC: Long Day's Night

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Thu Sep 26 10:39:34 EDT 2002

Ted Jackson wrote:

>> NP> Queens of the Stone Age, "Songs For the Deaf"
>>
> How do you like this one?  I listened to some of it and can't figure
> why the critics are raving about it so.  Good, but not exactly 2002's
> Sgt. Pepper...

It has some great tunes, especially "No One Knows," but as a whole, I agree
it's not worth blowing too many glowing adjectives on. The radio station
bits between songs are more a distraction than anything else. I do have to
give them credit for actually trying to make it an interesting listen as an
album, as opposed to a skip-able, rearrange-able collection of singles. I
haven't watched the DVD that comes with it yet. That should be interesting.

Brian

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower
MP3 Radio