BOC: Long Day's Night

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Thu Sep 26 10:57:57 EDT 2002

<Chuck Saden> wrote:

> Eric is already getting slagged on the vocals.

Hey, it's a fan pastime. ;-)

Seriously though, I thought he sounded great on Stairway, OD'd and Lips. He
didn't quite nail Quicklime Girl and I was comparing his Astronomy to the
SEE version, where I love his singing, and it fell flat. (Pun intended?)
Godzilla was fine, except for the intro banter. He should have thought out
something cooler, and original, before the show. Cities is OK, but it's a
little too hammed-up for my taste. Although, sing a song every night for 30
years and you'll have to do something to relieve the monotony....

And to be fair, Buck took the easy way out on some of the high notes (and
number of notes) when he sang.

Ah, its fun to be an armchair musician. In the end, I love the album. I'm
ecstatic it's out. And it wouldn't be BOC without Eric.

Brian