Official Post From Hawkwind.

Mike Montfort mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Sun Apr 6 14:20:17 EDT 2003

As everyone knows if you are on other lists I have been slagging off the
decisions of the Band fairly consistently.

I've been considering some of those positions carefully and though I still
don't agree with some of the policies nor the people they have hired
recently... it is in fact that it is THEIR band and Dave et al can do what
they damn well please..

The hangers on and weird decisions (in my opinion only) made by the band
does not in any way affect my enjoyment of the band's music.  I still own
every studio and live release recognized by the band and will buy the next
one and the next and the next.  By following the company line in our
trading groups I hope the band understands that the fans support their
decisions.

I'm hoping some of the information slowly leaking out from the band shows
that we have made the right decision to follow their requests with
possibilities of world wide tours and maybe a new label.

Dave is now over 60. Most people I know that age are fairly set in their
ways.  Most people I know their age do not go bouncing around the world
playing gigs nightly.

Think about that.

Wouldn't you like to start thinking about retirement as well at that
age....?

Mike

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American Public."

--Teddy Roosevelt.