Arthur Brown

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Apr 9 03:51:47 EDT 2003

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 17:07:33 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Doug Pearson wrote:
>> During much of the 1980s, Arthur was living in Texas (hmmmm ... like
>> Michael Moorcock does), and members of Austin spacerock band ST37 did
>> some work with him.
>
>        Anyway, back on topic: is that right, Doug? Which recordings are
>they on? Cause you know, that would be *interesting*...

I don't think there are any recordings.  I'd have to check with Scott (he's
on the Yahoo! Hawkwind list), and the connection may be no more than Dave
Cameron playing drums for him (as he did for Roky Erickson) ... I'm not
sure ...

And did anyone mention Arthur doing narration for the Pretty Things'
(including, of course, first-Hawkwind-album-producer Dick Taylor) 30th
anniversary performance of 'S.F. Sorrow' (also featuring David Gilmour)?

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com