HW: Lemmy's selective memory in his book

Fri Apr 18 18:51:56 EDT 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Richard Lockwood wrote:

> In the book, he also states that he'd never heard of Phil Campbell's band
> "Persian Risk" until Phil turned up for the audition.
>
> Funny that.
>
> I saw Persian Risk opening for Motorhead at Bradford University in the early
> eighties.
>
> Selective memory Mr Kilmister?

        I don't think we need go as far as that, when quite oridnary
reasons will do the job. If you have a dekko in the liner notes of the
shiny double-CD edition of _No Sleep Till Hammersmith_ you'll find this
usefully relevant quote: "`The whole of that period was a blur because we
were at the height of our success and our excesses,' recalls Lemmy. I'm
not sure I really remember very much from that time so it's [sic] a good
job that someone actually recorded it all."

        Never attribute to malice what can be plausibly explained by
amphetamine-and-Special-Brew-filled oblivion, or something... Yours,
                                                                     Jon

ObCD-R: Anubian Lights - _Live with Nik Turner_
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)