High rise

Alistair Ogilvy Alogilvy at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 29 10:39:50 EDT 2003

 I've just been enjoying relistening to some Charisma era stuff recently. A
long story, but suffice to say many thanks to Steve for the amazing bass tabs
( By the way,check the Excellent www. starfarer.net/  site...If you havent
checked it out, do so immediately !)
 said Bass tabs got me thinking how excellent the bass playing on High Rise
is. So, the point of this little E Mail is that I started getting a hankering
to compare different HW bass players attempts at this number. OK Ade is
responsible for the original (PXR 5) version, and Ali 's definitely had a go
at it, although from memory, when performed at Croydon, it was just basically
Jerry and Ron playing (Some synth backing perhaps ?).
 Does anyone know of any other bassists handling High Rise live ? Has Harvey
ever done it live ? are there any other versions available on tape ,CD/R , or
whatever of other bassists attempting it? How many times has High Rise been
done live? Certainly, I dont think anyone touched it seriously for some 20
yrs or so (From Ade leaving to Ali trying it unless I'm right about Harvey.

 I had somewhere in the back of my mind an idea that Harvey had played it
live, but i'm not so sure.

All the best
Alistair