OFF: off the rails

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Tue Aug 5 03:22:27 EDT 2003

Not wanting to be cynical here Gill, but when did a Virgin West Coast train
ever travel at more than 23 mph anyway?  I've known London to Manchester
take nearly twelve hours before now, due to "wrong kind of hamsters on the
line" or somesuch.  It's the most abysmal service in the country and how the
hell they've kept their franchise is beyond me.  (Oh know - I remember why.
It's got that grinning  **** Branson behind it, hasn't it?)

You want to get to anywhere up the West Coast line?  Go up the East coast
and get a coach over the M62.

Cheers,

Rich.