BOC:"Stun Cowbell"?

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Dec 14 13:36:07 EST 2003

On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 10:48 AM, JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM wrote:

> Contrary to the SNL skit, it
> was 'stun' guitarist
> Eric Bloom, not the fictional Gene Frenkle who 'explored the studio
> space'
> with his cowbell.

Where were the fact checkers when they wrote this witty paragraph?
Although they made Gene Frenkle look a lot like Eric and that lead
guitarist looks quite a bit like I did back in those days as I recall I
handled all the drums and David Lucas and I split the percussion parts.
And Buck played all the guitar parts.

Ask David Lucas. He practically had to beg me to play it and he (David)
played vibra-slap and I played the triangle on the middle break. It was
all on one channel. Has anyone heard the SACD version of it? I wonder
if some of those buried parts are more audible, like Eric's organ part.