HW:dusting off the vynil

Alistair Ogilvy Alogilvy at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 23 11:41:02 EST 2003

I've just got myself a new turntable, and, as you do, first thing I had to do
was dig out the old HW vynil collection, much of which I hadnt played for 5
years..I havent got CD copies of Church, Stonehenge, Zones, amongst others,
and only have vynil copies of the 12" singles (especially the remixes).
I just had to write to say what a revelation hearing Church in its entirety
for the first time in 5 yrs plus was. It really is a fantastic album. I'd
forgotten how good it was.
It'll certainly be on the turntable frequently now. I would even put it in my
top 5 Hawk albums, alongside PXR5, Warrior, Space ritual, and the 1999 party.
Incidently, for all those who couldnt work out the origins of the techno
stuff give church a listen.....Theres many a clue to White Zone and Solstice
remixes there!
I was also impressed playing the Spirit of the age remixes, especially the
flesh to phantasy mix....Does anyone know anything about Astralasia? Who are
they? what other stuff have they done etc.
Has Church ever been available on CD? I dont think I've ever seen it. Im
surprised few people mention it on the list....I,m really convinced it
deserves masterpiece status now!....Join the campaign for a CD remaster now
!! ( I'm pretty sure I dismissed it at the time I bought it on vynil when it
was first released, as it wasnt what I expected.)

All the best
Al