OFF: Other bands

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Jan 21 09:40:36 EST 2003

Ben Fagin wrote:

> Sorry, but I dont think any US Metal bands "have
> it" especially Kiss which is commercial tripe.

Speaking of bad US metal bands, a co-worker of mine occasionally uses the
phrase "Suckin' like Dokken" to describe anything that's particularly
heinous, musically or otherwise. :-)

Of course, a guilty pleasure of mine is the Dokken album "Back For the
Attack," especially the song "Kiss of Death." I also quite enjoy the
Pseudo-Sabbath album "TYR," which, I think, received one star on the All
Music Guide.

And by the time I was four years old, I had collected a decent number of
Disco 45s (my parents didn't care one way or the other) including Chic,
Donna Summer and the Bee Gees (R.I.P. Maurice). The guitar solo in DS's "Hot
Stuff" still blows me away....

Dancin' Fool,
Brian