OFF: Guilty pleasure

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Jan 21 09:50:05 EST 2003

On 21 Jan 2003 at 9:40, Brian Halligan wrote:

> Of course, a guilty pleasure of mine is the Dokken album "Back For the
> Attack," especially the song "Kiss of Death."

I like Dokken's live album [with the Japanes art on the cover?] Yeah, you have to
hold your nose at the lyrics, but George is a rippin' guitar player, one of the best
ever.  And his instrumental, Mr. Scary, requires no nose-holding...

And I'll chip in with Night Ranger.  Again, execrable lyrics and smarmy singing, but 2
smokin' gtr players in that band, and a great keyboardist too...

 I also quite enjoy the
> Pseudo-Sabbath album "TYR," which, I think, received one star on the
> All Music Guide.

Guilty as charged.  I've got every album Sab made.  Tony's gtr playing's enough for
me to buy them...

theo