HW: List of studio albums

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 15 00:26:06 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:41:54 -0400, Doug Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM>
wrote:

>1989 Palace Springs (2 studio tracks, "Treadmill" & "Back in the Box"?)

Official line is that they are (ahem) live with studio overdubs.

>Also, the vinyl version of 'The Business Trip', the Griffin '25 Years'
>box, and the 'Ambient Anarchists' compilation each includes one new (at
>the time), but fairly inconsequential, studio track.

What's the one on the Business Trip vinyl? My version of that album is one
of those little silver things that have No Sides.

>>>Also if anyone wants to attempt a rating, e.g. 1 to 5, for these albums
>>>I'd be interested to hear peoples views.
>
>This is entirely subjective

Surely not!

In contrast, *my* opinions, presented below, are Objective Verifiable
Facts. Oh yes they are!!

, but I'll express my personal views.  Keep in
>mind that rating a Hawkwind album as "1" on a list of Hawkwind albums
>would still probably be a rating of "5" on a list of every album I've ever
>heard ... (but it wouldn't be fair to list ratings for Hawkwind albums
>without using a value of "1" for my least-favorites, although I see I
>could still only come up with a couple 1's or 2's).

Good idea, this is a quick and relatively painless way of doing it. So here
goes:

3 1970 Hawkwind
4 1971 In Search of Space
5 1972 Doremi Fasol Latido
5 1974 Hall of the Mountain Grill
5 1975 Warrior on the Edge of Time
3 1976 Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music
5 1977 Quark, Strangeness and Charm
4 1978 25 Years On
5 1979 PXR5
3 1980 Levitation
3 1981 Sonic Attack
2 1982 Church of Hawkwind
3 1982 Choose Your Masques
3 1983 Zones
4 1985 Chronicle of the Black Sword
3 1987 Out & Intake
2 1988 Xenon Codex
5 1989 Palace Springs
1 1990 Space Bandits
4 1992 Electric Tepee
3 1993 It is the Business of the Future to be Dangerous
2 1994 Psychedelic Warriors/White Zone
2 1995 Alien 4
3 1997 Distant Horizons
3 1998 Hawkwind In Your Area
1 2002 Hawkwind Family Tree

(10 1973 Space Ritual)

>I'm sure that others will have different views ...

Not "views", Doug, but Objective Verifiable Facts.

Nick