HW: Hawkfest, public transportation

Steve Youles youless at COX.NET
Wed Jul 30 12:37:33 EDT 2003

I'm impressed with the amount of research you've evidently done and I doubt
anyone else will come up with any better answers unless they live locally.
Taxis are always the best (only?) bet...

The site is open from midday Friday, I believe, and last year the first
band started playing sometime between 6pm and 7pm - I assume; that was
Litmus and they were on stage when we arrived (7pm ish) and were setting up
our tents.

I doubt very much that you will make your connection with only a 10-minute
layover at Manchester, so best to plan on the extra hour in transit.  After
the Swiss / German rail systems, the British one will be...well,
different...

Steve

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:08:03 +0200, Henderson Keith
<keith.henderson at PSI.CH> wrote:

>Hey...
>
>With it just being a week away, I've started to (finally)
>look into how exactly I'm going to get to the fest from
>Preston Bahnhof via public transportation.
>
>Uh...anyone else come up with anything?  I struck out.

<snip>

>BTW, what time is the festival supposed to 'start' on Friday?
>Both as far as music is concerned, and also when we're allowed
>to set up camp and such.  I didn't see a time or anything at
>hawkwind.com.

<snip>