BOC: Blue Oyster Cult at the Astoria & all

Tim Hall kalyr at CLARA.CO.UK
Sat Jun 7 16:02:41 EDT 2003

Hawkwind1999 at AOL.COM wrote:

>First off, and i am not a doctor so don't take this as fact, but the band
>were obviously jet lagged, NYC to Mk in under 48 hours and then playing a gig, i
>know i would be F#%*d, and that's without having to do a gig.

I take that as a sign they'll get better as the tour progresses.  I'm
seeing them in Manchester on Wed.

Remember when US bands always used to start their UK tours at the
Cornwall Colosseum in St Austell?  Because it was too far for any
London-based music journalists to get to.

>However like troupers they gave a good performance, but it was always on auto
>pilot, i thought that there were to many empty seats,

Empty seats is a worry; if not enough punters turn up, might be longer
before they tour here again.

>Dr. Music
>ETI
>Stilts
>Harvester
>Burnin
>Shooting Shark
>Tattoo Vampire
>Divine Wind
>Cities In Flame
>I Love The Night
>Godzilla
>Reaper
>Red & the Black

Interestingly different setlist to the last tour.  Divine Wind is
appropriate post 9/11 (The lyrics could easily be about Osama)

Nice to see Shooting Shark (one of my favourite later BOC) songs *and*
I Love the Night.

They had better do Astronomy in Manchester on Wednesday.  Not only is
it my favourite song, but I've yet to see them play it live.

--
Tim Hall, http://www.kalyr.com
Read my blog!  http://www.kalyr.com/weblog