OT: Red Dwarf

AerospaceAge Warrior mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Tue Jun 10 10:55:55 EDT 2003

Keith..

The seasons vary.. getting weirder and stranger IMHO from 4 to 6.  Season 7 is back to more stable scifi sillyness.

Overall I think its a great series.

Mike

Sanity is a madness put to good use.
-- George Santayana

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of Henderson Keith
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:21 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: RE: HW: Best Prog Rock Album in the World

P.P.S.  BBC-Prime has been showing episodes of Red Dwarf
here in der Schweiz recently.  At first I was rather
disappointed, as the humor didn't seem to be much connected
to the Sci-Fi aspect of the show's presumed setting (a la
Galaxy Quest)...but rather more like 'Blackadder goes Forth
into Outer Space' with the characters just making fun of
the relative failings of each other.  But then I saw the
episode where they put on virtual reality helmets and
keep stepping on each others' fantasies, and then last
week was the 'alternate (female-dominated) universe'
episode, and these were quite funny and gave me some more
faith in the virtue of this series.  Does it get better
from here on out, or worse, or what?