OFF: "Space Does Not Care" Play-lists 6/14-15

charles rosenberg charlesrosenberg at CHARTER.NET
Thu Jun 19 22:56:20 EDT 2003

Okay, it went really great. I did a 4-hour set last night and another 4 hours laters that morning. 8 hours in all. Partly what inspired me to do another set was the people who called and said they were enjoying the show, so thank you. Another factor might have been copious amounts of imbibage consumed. Anyway, here's what I played:

first set 3-7pm PST 6/14:

Escapade "When a Squall Line Beckons" (Due to a Faulty Premonition; Mother West)

Space Seed "The Future/Mojo" (Basement Demo-lition; thanks to Conraider!)
Flower Travellin' Band "Satori Part 3" (Satori; Warner Japan)
Mr. Quimby's Beard "title-track" (Out There; Demi Monde)
Zappa/Mothers/Beefheart "Debra Cadabra" (Bongo Fury; Rykodisc)

Harmonia "Sonnenschein" (Musik von...; Polydor)
Church of Hed "Cathedral Ice Revival" (ST'd; Eternity's Jest)
The Orb "Montagne D'or <der Gute Berg>" (Orbus Terrarum; Island)
Barry Adamson "Something Wicked This Way Comes <edit>" (Lost Highway soundtrack; Nothing/Interscope)
Legendary Pink Dots "A Velvet Resurrection" (From Here You'll Watch the World Go By; Staalplaat/Soleilmoon)
Velvet Underground "Heroin" (Vu and Nico; MGM)

Defender "Please and Thank You" (Hemispheres split LP; Someoddpilot <thanks to Defender!>)
Silver Apples "Misty Mountain" (ST'd; MCA)
Matmos "Despite its aesthetic advances, in its policing of the sexuality of public space, antonioni's film perpetuates misogyny and homophobia" (Iamaphotographer; Plain)
Scattered Planets "Electric Dreams" (Andromeda Keg Party)
Guild Navigators "Cult of the Rotating Cross" (Phase 1: '91-'97)

Hawkwind "You Know You're Only Dreaming" (1999 Party; EMI)
Porcupuine Tree "Ptolemine Treescope" (Succour: Terrascope Benefit Album; Flydaddy)
Salamander "Black Heart" (Red Ampersand; Camera Obscura)
Alien Planetscapes "Gravel" (Life on Earth; Galactus)
Lightning Bolt "On Fire" (Wonderful Rainbow; Load)

Barry Adamson "Mr. Eddy's Theme pt. 1" (Lost Highway)
Sonny Boy Williamson "Bring it on Home" (Mullholland Drive sound-track)
Barry Adamson "Mr Eddy's Theme pt. 2" (Lost Highway)
David Lynch "The Pink Room" (Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with me sound-track <who plays the cello??)
ST 37 "Oh My, Goddamn" (Down on Us; Emperor Jones)
Frank Zappa "Transylvania Boogie" (Chunga's Revenge; Rykodisc)
Capt. Beefheart/Magic Band "Sun Zoom Spark" (Clearspot)

Kurtis Mantronik "King of the Beats" (I Sing the Body Electro; Oxygen Music Works)
Ozric Tentacles "Live Throbbe" (Strangeitude; Dovetail)
Agitation Free "Sahara City" (Malesch; Garden of Delights)
Korai Orom "track #4" (Sound and Vision 2000)

Farflung "Gleam" (Belief Module; Bad Acid)
Afresco Mantis "The Prophets Will Go to the Fish" (Harris Tweed EP; Freaky Fungi)
Lightning Bolt "Crown of Storms" (Wonderful Rainbow; Load)

Velvet Undergound "Who Loves the Sun" (Loaded; MGM)
Census of Hallucinations "The Oats and Ivy Symphony" (7th Heaven; Stone Premonitions)
John Dickinson "If I Ever Go" (Castles and Old Kings; thanks to Salient Records!)
Phillip Kane "Me, the Ladyboy and Gloria Estefan" (Songs for Swinging Lovers; Corrupt)
Defender "Aim High" (Hemispheres)

Pressurehed "I Predict" (Explaining the Unexplained; Cleopatra)

set #2: 6/15/03 2-6am

David Bowie "I'm Deranged" (Outside; Virgin)
Shalabi Effect "Vicious Triangle" (ST'd; Alien8)
This Mortal Coil "Song to the Siren" (I'll End in Tears; WB)
Holger Czukay "title-track" (Good Morning Story; Tone Casualties)
Neu! "E-Musik" ('75; Astralwerks/Groenland)

Asha Vida "Il Buono Tempo Verra!" (Nature's Clumsy Hand; Burnt Hair)
ST 37 "Discorporate" (I Love to Talk if There's Anything to Talk About: Emperor Jones)
Nik Turner "Opa-Loka 2000" (Past or Future?; Cleopatra)
Spacious Mind "Cave Song - Idanech" (Organic Mind Solution; Garageland)

Velvet Underground "Waiting for the Man" (Vu and Nico)
Faust "Jennifer" (IV; Virgin)
Robert Calvert "Aerospaceage Inferno" (Capt. Lockheed and the Starfighters)
Hawkwind "Magnu/Angels of Life" (Weird 101; Voiceprint)
Asha Vida "Poena Sensus" (Nature's Clumsy Hand)
Bablicon "An Orange Pumpkin Glowing Moon Ensemble" (Orange Tapered Moon; Misra)

FSOL "We Have Explosive <mantronik remix>" (We Have Explosive EP; Virgin/EBV)
Neutral Milk Hotel "King of Carrot Flowers" remix (So You Want to Be an Elephant? tribute; Amnesia)
Flowchart "El Glacier-O" (Little Darla Has a Treat for You Vol. 6; Darla)
Amon Duul II "Green Bubble Raincoated Man" (Wolf City; Capt. Trips)
Abunai! "Rock Song" (Mystic River Sound; Camera Obscura)

Lightning Bolt "Assassins" (Wonderful Rainbow)
W.O.O. Revelator "Dead Friend" (In Your Own Juices; Wagon Train)
Avey Tare and Panda Bear "Another White Singer <Little White Glove>" (Danse Manatee; Catsup Plate)
Avey Tare/Panda Bear "Alvin Row" (Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished; Animal)

Agitation Free "Lailla II" (Last; Spalax)
Windy and Carl "Antarctica <edit>" (Little Darla Vol. 6)
Abunai! "Toast" (Mystic River Sound)

Moondance Experiment "Boom-Boom-Boom/Feel It" (Your Movements)
Meledic Energy Commission "Gastropods in Transit" (Migration of the Snails; Vapor)
Gong "I Niver Glid Before" (Angels Egg; Decal/Charly)

Vanessa del Rio "Llorando" (Mullholland Drive)
Blue Bob "Pretty '50s" (Mullholland Drive)
Julie Cruise "Space for Love/Up in Flames" (Voice of Love; WB)
Trent Reznor "Driver Down" (Lost Highway)
David Bowie "Deranged <reprise>" (Lost Highway)

thanks, Chuck