The MTV generation (sorry, long)

Happy To Meet stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Thu Mar 13 13:24:17 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:29:27 +0100, Henderson Keith
<keith.henderson at PSI.CH> wrote:
>P.P.P.S.  To link to that other thread about H bands that you always
>saw and wondered about while searching for Hawkwind albums in Misc.
>bins, for me it was Horslips.  To this day, I still don't have any clue
>who this band is/was!  But I'd recognize their LPs in a second.

Short answer is that Horslips were a very good (though somewhat uneven -
but then who isn't) Irish rock band whose albums had varying degrees of
Irish folk influence. Comparisions thrown about are usually Jethro Tull
from the rock side and Steeleye Span/Fairport Convention from the folk-rock
side. I rate at least 2 of their albums (The Tain and Book of Invasions) as
excellent and both are highly recommended, and just about all of their
material prior to their eventual slide into attempted mass-market
accessibility at the end of the 70's has much to recommend it.

Stephan