HW: Ron Tree

Sat Mar 22 09:11:26 EST 2003

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Henderson Keith wrote:

> SL responds...
>
> > Last thing I know of was Inner City Hawks gig with Judge Trev
> > last spring.
>
> 2001 or 2002 do you mean?
>
> > > I have been 'out of touch' with the HW comings and goings
> > > for the last few years.
> > > What happened to Ron Tree ?
>
> Um, isn't there a band called "Bajina" or something that Ron's part of, or
> perhaps 'fronts'?  That's still an ongoing thing isn't it?  Was/is Trev part
> of that too?  (seems like maybe that's right?)  With who else?  I suppose if
> Trev's listening, then he could tell us what the deal is with Ron.  Ron was
> also a guest at some of the X-HW gigs I believe.  And he was never really
> fired from HW, so I suppose he just sort of drifted off on his own accord.

        Well, a while ago I received spam about *this*:

        <http://www.mercurymoon.co.uk/ich/ich-main.html>

        So it seems that Inner City Hawks which appears to be Bajina as
was (sorry change of name that, now it's much more clearly a second-hand
band IMO), is still alive and functional, in some form, or at least, that
was this year and it suggests they can be booked... Wonder what you'd get
if you tried, I must admit. And Ron was at the Greasy Truckers Party show,
though he turned up late, during the ICP set. So both sections of it are
still sort of functioning, but as usual the real test will be whether
anything new emerges from it or not.

        I suspect that no-one, not even Ron, knows what the real deal with
him is, mind.... Yours,
                        Jon

ObLP: Curve - _Doppelganger_ (a friend has parked a load of vinyl with us
till he gets a place with room for it, and I'm seeing what some of the
names in it I know but have never heard actually sound like... )
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)