Great Bassists (was100 Greatest Guitarists) - LONG!!

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Fri Sep 12 10:34:25 EDT 2003

Regarding Paul McCartney, he is probably the first person I spotted
playing Bass left-handed. Not being left handed, nor being particularly
good playing any type of guitar right-handed, I always thought that
there must be so much extra work going into figuring out how to play the
strings that way!

I was also fond of Roger Waters' Bass playing, particularly the way he
could use one or 2 very simple but repetitive riffs (Sheep being a prime
example), yet still keep me interested even when he was repeating
himself!

William