poem - "Market Forces" by Thom the World Poet

John Majka jmajk at INDY.RR.COM
Tue Sep 16 02:00:47 EDT 2003

> As someone who has had a glimpse of an 8 track tape but never owned an 8
> track player ... what were they like?  Really superior sound?  Did they
> go the way of Beta videotapes versus VHS?  Thought this kind of tied
> into our discussion of where music/media and the "album" concept was
> heading.

Even when 8-tracks were on the market, I always thought they were awful
things... really dreadful, muddy sound and then there were those annoying
fade ins and fade outs... total crap really, and I'm glad to be rid of them.
Cassette was far superior.
John Majka