BOC: Guster's Red Oyster Cult

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Thu Sep 18 16:34:21 EDT 2003

The college-rock band has a song called "Red Oyster Cult" on their latest
album. The lyrics are below. I suppose the writer is equating BOC with his
youth and playing music without worrying about "changing the world."

> Doesn't it bring you down
> So many lights and sounds
> Call your mom on the telephone
> Tell her you're coming home
> Tell her there's not a chance
> You're ever going to change the world
> If you want to be free, take a sip of this tea
> Join the red oyster cult
> If you drink the whole cup, you will never grow up
> You will never grow old
> Remember when you were 14
> You'd paint every picture so green
> Call your mom on the telephone
> Tell her your muse is gone
> Tell her there's not a chance
> You're ever going to change the world
> Just a few drops away, you'll never want to change the world
> If you want to be free, take a sip of this tea
> Join the red oyster cult
> If you drink the whole cup, you will never grow up
> You will never grow old
> Call your mom on the telephone
> Tell her you're coming home
> Tell her there's not a chance you're ever going to change the world
> Just a few drops away
> You'll never have to change

-----
Brian Halligan
Copywriter

BrandOrchard                   (p) 585-232-7060
274 N. Goodman Street          (f) 585-232-7068
Rochester, NY 14607            (e) halligan at BrandOrchard.net

BrandOrchard builds brands for companies in early growth or on the cusp of
strategic change. We blend strategy, creativity and cultural development to
produce stronger customer relationships and financial gain for our clients.