OFF: Wayne Kramers's reasons for the hoohah...

Jason Scruton js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Thu Apr 1 20:06:59 EST 2004

>PS Was not Wayne Kramer really the driving force behind MC5? We played
>with Rob Tyner and his band towards the end. He was a great guy but it
>was pretty sad.

i recall reading that there's a CD of the latter-day Tyner band out there,
called Motor City people, orck n roll people or something like that.

Wayne definitely provided drive. I felt that near the end
of the 5, Fred Smith was finally coming into his own on the axe and
songwriter- he's all over the credits to Hig Time. Still hard to believe
that Fred married Patti S...its as close to a proto-punk King and Queen as
you'll get.

I learned that the Total Energy archive series of
MC5 records - Teen Age Lust, Ice Pick Slim, Starship, Power Trip, American
Ruse, (forgettin'some others) - has been deleted from the catalog.
The curious thing abotu those is they were usually compiled/produced
by john Sinclair (67 breakout (or 66) was done by kramer,though).
WK,DT,and MD must be trying to regain control over their legacy,...
as well they should.