HW: Hawkwind in Germany

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Fri Apr 2 11:54:43 EST 2004

Mike queries...

>>How might I fly to and travel to te event from Scotland?
>>Best is to fly to Frankfurt and then travel by car
>
>car parking is OK at the event? No hassles such as at Glastonbury?

Here is an accounting of my experience at last year's event...
http://www.aural-innovations.com/issues/issue24/burgherz.html
which should give some basic info. about how it works there.

Not having ever been to Glasters, I can't say exactly how the two might
compare, but maybe you can sense to 'mood' from my words.

There are a couple inaccuracies in my review (which don't refer to any of
these issues)...actually, they are that the Fudge *wasn't* the original, but
50:50 (which means their official website was lacking this basic sort of
info., 'cause I specifically *looked* to confirm), and that Mick Brockett
(while there and contributing some things), was *not* running the lightshow,
which was (IIRC) the "Jen & Pogle" team (?).  But I wasn't even bothered
enough to even send in these corrections to Jerry...(journalistic)
integrity-schmegrity.  (Oh, and of course, my statement that this was the
very last Herzberg event was a bit premature.  But from what it looks, Kalle
Becker , is (as reported last year) no longer running the festival himself,
but rather it seems some guy named Andi (Schnell?) has taken over to 'save
the day.'

Any specific questions about the location/protocol/etc., feel free to ask.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Should we try to put together our own little boc-l community camping
zone at the fest?  It seemed pretty much a free-for-all, but then those that
arrive 'late' (Sat. noon), end up way-the-hell over the hill.  Maybe if an
early arriver or two staked out a bit of space near the center of activity,
all of us to gravitate there and fill in the gaps?  Just a thought.

P.P.S  Ole Lukkoye will play too...cool.  I passed on seeing them earlier
this year in southern Germany.

P.P.P.S.  The fact that the grounds were really dirty last year I think was
inevitable given how miserable last summer was in this part of the world.
Even if we're stuck again in the same corn field, it can't possibly be as
dusty as last year...some people probably couldn't even recognize their cars
afterwards!