Hawkwind in Germany

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Apr 5 06:18:20 EDT 2004

Doug Pearson writes:

> Me, too ... if I can convince my better half that she won't mind listening
> to a bunch of hippie bands

After ten hours pressing the friggin' redial button trying to get
Glastonbury tickets, we failed.  What a bloody shambles.  Eavis was
trying to cut out the touts by using just one company, but they had no
phone queueing system in place and their web site constantly fell over.
All he's achieved is to convince me that the touts get paid for doing a
professional job.  Eavis should either contract the work to them; charge
the price at which the demand equals supply (I'd guess around 200 quid
but that'd raise about 10 times as much for charity); or just take
everyone's name over a month and then do a lottery.

Anyway, looks like for the first time in a couple of decades I'll be
missing a Glastonbury. With no Hawkfest and Hawkwind presumably not
doing the Derby Bikers fest, it seems we should look elsewhere. There's
a direct flight to Frankfurt from Edinburgh and so this one does look
very feasible. Are there still tickets left? Do we need to get special
tickets for bringing a car? What's the cost of car hire in Germany?

If we can get a bunch of list Hawkfans there, we should try to get an
encampment going...

FoFP