HW: Hawkwind - Sonic Assassins

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Mon Apr 5 13:26:16 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 06:13:02PM +0100, Ian Abrahams wrote:
> Yes, there is a deal, and a contract, and an advance. Generally advances
> against royalties are either as a percentage of cover price or as a
> percentage of the price received from the distributors.

Based on the publisher's estimate of how many copies they'll
sell?  First printing only?  (Is that the same question asked two
ways?)

> Mind you, surprisingly good value for fifty minutes telephone time from
> Cornwall to British Columbia ;-)

Ooo, tasty!

> [...] word count,
> which is around 114,000 - 115,000 as it stands.

"As it stands" meaning that it's still in the editing stage?  I'd
have thought that they couldn't give a firm page count until the
copy had been finalized...

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau