OFF: Monster Magnet, other rubbish, usw...

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Apr 5 17:58:35 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:39:55 +0200, Henderson Keith
<keith.henderson at PSI.CH> wrote:
>The funniest thing about the Giger museum is the Giger-Bar next door,
>which is designed like the inside of the Alien spacecraft and has chairs
>that fit the 'pattern' (though they are proportioned for humans to sit
>in).  And I won't go into much detail about the personal drawings inside
>the 'adult' room...interesting things going inside that man's mind!

Well ... there was the Dead Kennedy's album insert poster that Giger did,
which earned Jello Biafra an obscenity trial (and eventual acquittal,
thank you First Ammendment).

>P.P.S.  The 25...Tab album from early MM days is definitely space-rock
>derived in character.  Doug P. I think is the MM historian of note, so
>best ask him about the early daze.  Wasn't there other cassette/vinyl or
>even pre-MM stuff done back then?

- "Lizard Johnny" / "Freak Shop USA" 7" on Circuit Records
- demo cassette from the Circuit era (containing one of the 2 tracks, the
first MM version of "Brainstorm", and an early version of "TAB")
- "Murder" / "Tractor" 7" on Primo Scree/Caroline
- 12"/CD on Glitterhouse containing one track from the above 7" (both
tracks on the CD, I think), *remakes* of the two songs from the first 7",
plus an early version of "Nod Scene" (and one other 'Spine of God' track,
perhaps?)
- 'TAB ... 25' CD on Glitterhouse

There was also a second demo cassette (I believe it contained Glitterhouse-
era recordings of several 'Spine of God' tracks), but I don't have that
one ...

BTW one source of the rumor that Hawkwind will open for Monster Magnet in
the USA this fall can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/entertainment/music/hawkwind.shtml

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com