HW: Monster Magnet, other rubbish, usw...

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Mon Apr 5 18:11:21 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:39:55 +0200, Henderson Keith <keith.henderson at PSI.CH>
wrote:

>In case anybody gives a crap...I went to visit the HR Giger Museum in
>Gruyeres, which is not far from Fribourg, and is more famous for cheese
>than for one man's crazed imagination.  It's a cool place,

Beautiful medieval town and castle.

>as is the old castle just a short walk away (and you can visit both for
>14 CHF, which is a pretty good deal in this terribly expensive country),
>though they don't let you take photos/video inside.

I visited there in the early 90s, and didn't see the Giger museum, but when
I was there the castle was hosting an exhibition of Patrick Woodroffe's
art, which can sometimes give Giger's a run for the money! Odd that such
a 'quaint'-seeming place has such an affinity for the bizarre.

Stephan