BOC/OFF: why were the Jams kicked out?

Jason Scruton js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Mon Apr 5 18:57:53 EDT 2004

>really the best place to start.  Actually, the BEST place to start with
>the MC5 would be their second (indie-released) 7", "Looking At You", which
>has been reissued in a bunch of formats, so you don't need to pay $150 for
>an original copy.  However, there is an awful remake of the song on 'Back
>In The USA', so be careful!  (Not an entirely dissimilar situation to
>certain Hawkwind releases.)

Yeah, that single's great --- as raw as (or more than) the really loud
Raveup by lemmy and co on Doremi's Brainstorm.

There's a far different, earlier version on the TotalEnergy release 66
Breakout (i think that's the name...im bad with numbers and I dont have it
with me at the moment) -- it's live. much slower groove, builds nicely and
has an extra verse.