BOC/OFF: why were the Jams kicked out?

Steve Youles youless at COX.NET
Mon Apr 5 22:17:59 EDT 2004

A huge gulf production wise between Kick Out The Jams and Back In The USA,
certainly, but the songs on the latter are excellent.  I wonder if it's one
of those albums that could be 'fixed' by playing it through a multi-band
graphic equaliser?

Another one I have is 'Babes In Arms' which is a retrospective round-up of
oddities, including different versions of Shaking Street, American Ruse,
Tonite and Looking At You.  Best of all though, is the track Sister Anne.

Steve

>>Eric Siegerman wrote:

>>Kick Out The Jams.  If you don't like that, there's no need in going any
>>further.  Absolutely, positively, do not start with Back In The USA.
>>That album is a textbook example of the difference a producer can make,
>>in this case for the worse.