HW-new album

deadearnest deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Thu Apr 8 21:24:51 EDT 2004

Couple of things there.
First it's my belief that the Hawkwind album was only actually finished
around Christmas, maybe just after and the band were waiting for Alan
Davey's new studio set-up to be put in as Alan is producing the album to all
intents and purposes (mixing it anyway). As far as I know, no-one is
blocking or any such like activity. As to why 8 years (is it that
long-surely less) since "DH", well, could be any number of reasons, but as
to the idea of jamming, it sounds sooooo attractive a proposition, but I
guess that just ain't Dave's way any more. All that can be certain is if a
band like Hawkwind wants to come out with what they regard as a "commercial"
(volume sales) album that can stand up in a mainstream arena on a new (for
them) and leading current CD label, then you have to be sure that the
creative juices are flowing at a peak, and it may have taken all this time
for that to happen. Who can say.
All I know is, there's a lot of baited breath going on out there right now -
the anticipation mounts!!!!
Andy G.
P.S Shameless self-plug - the Space Mirrors new album on my Dead Earnest
label ( www.deadearnest.btinternet.co.uk  ) is out now and already receiving
good comments from Hawkwind and space-rock fans who've bought it -Aural
Innovations is doing it in the USA while Dead Earnest, CDS, Rubbish and
hopefully soon Freak Emporium, have it in the UK, with Swamp Room and Black
Widow and Atomic Age (www.spacemirrors.com) starting things rolling in
Germany/Italy/Russia respectively