HW RE: off into dodgy vinyl ness

pauleatonjones paul at IMRRYR.KAROO.CO.UK
Tue Apr 27 14:59:15 EDT 2004

I seem to remember reading an article in Melody Maker/Sounds in the mid
'80's that record companies were indeed re-cycling old records and this
accounted for the terrible crackles, hisses jumps etc. I had to take
Nik Turner's Sphynx 'Xitintoday' l.p. back 6 times before I had a
playable copy. And that was as early as 1978. Deke Leonard's 'Iceberg'
4 times before I gave it up as a bad job. The list was almost endless
and got worse in the years immediately preceding the c.d. revolution.
Hurrah for that.  Paul.