HW:Sonic Assassins book

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Aug 23 04:46:50 EDT 2004

Iain Ferguson wrote:
> Nah, i bloody loved it, nigh on 4 hours of Hawkwind was awesome....
> There were bits I thought were a bit slack, ( to be expected with so
> many people on stage),
> But I just loved the whole space ritual set, with the Lemster in full
> flow, The sonic difference between his set up & ali's was amazing,
> Lemmy's Bass really did pound the hall.
> Never got to see Hawkwind with Lemmy back in the 70's as I was too
> young.( 79 was my first). Therefore any chance of seeing Lemmy &
> Hawkwind was worth double the ticket price alone...

That pretty much sums up my sense of the Hawkestra: it was great fun in
the moment, and it would make a terrible live album.  I only have Scott
Heller's audience recording, but IMO its chief effect is to show up how
half-assed the whole Hawkwind reunion was when you're not being
overwhelmed by the experience of Being There.

If I want to hear the Lemmeister with HW--well, _Space Ritual_ and
_Doremi_ still *rule*.

Cheers,
Carl

--