BOC-L Digest - 28 Aug 2004 to 29 Aug 2004 (#2004-212)

CWarburton at OAG.COM CWarburton at OAG.COM
Tue Aug 31 12:32:46 EDT 2004

> Date:    Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:47:18 -0600
> From:    dahl at AROS.NET
> Subject: Re: BOC: Rondinelli quits
>
> > Who'll replace him?
>
> We can dream, can't we?
>
> Bobby is one of the all time great rock drummers.  I've seen
> BOC twice with him and feel that he wasn't the right drummer
> for them anyway.  Maybe he feels the same.

Puh-leeze - he's adequate, he plays drums better than I ever could, but
"all time great"????
His lacklustre playing was a big factor in why BOC were so lame at the
Astoria last year (probably the worst show I've seen 'em do - in 28
years).  So lame that I went to see Nektar instead this year!

> When they opened with RU Ready 2 Rock last month (here in
> fabulous Utah), it was the most lethargic version of the tune
> I've ever heard.  Luckily the glucosamine kicked in about the
> 6th song (Shooting Shark) and they got off the deck and tore
> it up for the rest of the show.  I thought Bobby's playing
> with Rainbow and Black Sabbath was spetacular (not to mention
> him tearing it up on the Riot and Rondinelli albums) and his
> playing with BOC was rather plodding and lethargic.

OK, I jumped the gun a bit, but if you can't play great when the
material is so good, and the template was set by Albert...

> Hopefully they can get someone who is really interested in
> making the songs sound good and infusing some energy into the shows.

Hear ****ing hear - and maybe whover steps in will give the other guys a
good boot up the rear too! Here's hoping for a much improved London
visit in 2006 (or sooner?)

ChrisW
(Can't you tell I've had a sh*tty day!)
NOTICE: This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s). It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and attachment(s): you must not copy, distribute, retain or take any action in reliance upon the email or attachment(s). Whilst all reasonable efforts are made to safeguard inbound and outbound e-mails, OAG Worldwide Ltd and its affiliate companies cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or are compatible with your systems, and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced. Thank you.