OFF: Ash Ra Tempel (was: Re: My Top 10 Space albums)

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Dec 4 15:39:14 EST 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:21:38 +0000, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>        I do need more ART though. Just haven't got round to getting
>_Seeven Up_ yet which I think is the obvious choice. Anyway, yours,

I'd agree that 'Seven Up' would be the one to get if you like the other
three of the first four.  In my message yesterday, I forgot to mention that
there was also a 6-CD set of Ash Ra Tempel 'Private Tapes', almost half of
which is live from '71 & '73, both trios with Klaus Schulze on drums (and
occasional, but sadly inaudible keyboard/synth).  Pretty lo-fi, but well
worth it for fans of the first four albums ... (I'm pretty sure that the
set is out-of-print, which makes it fair trade game for me)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com