OFF: Ash Ra Tempel (was: Re: My Top 10 Space albums)

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 8 13:21:10 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/4/04 11:23:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:

>          For what use an additional perspective may be, I have these two
>  and also _Schwingungen_; I listen to the first one most of all, and _Join
>  Inn_ probably the least, perhaps because of the amount of Das Ludicroix I
>  have which does broadly similar stuff, albeit with less electronics and
>  not quite such frantic playing. More form however. Anyway. _Schwingungen_
>  doesn't have Klaus Schulze on it and makes up for it with an entire
>  additional band, which I believe is Agitation Free, so the sound is more
>  packed. This one's an occasional thing fr me, there are times when it
>  disagrees with me and times when it's just right, but its first track is
>  very fragile and slowly-building blues and its third track is a long piece
>  ending in a Floydian vocal like `Saucerful of Secrets', which really is
>  more or less equivalent to what `Alpha Centauri' is on the epnoymous
>  Tangerine Dream album, very kosmische. The trouble spot is the second
>  track (I can't remember any titles but I think this may be `Flowers Must
>  Die') which is a fairly fierce freak-out with really quite stressful
>  vocals and there are only times when this seems like a thing worth
>  listenoing to to me.

but, but, but...that's the best bit!! The "Centrepiece"!!

ARG!!!! AYAAAAYAGAYAYARAAAHAHHH!!!!!!!!!

(i'm not really that upset, more trying to emulating that vocal...didn't do a
great job, did I?)

(DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE...Die, Die, Die, Die...die die die die...) oh well. wow,
scary, i'm starting to sound like Mumford...