Old masters

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Mon Jan 26 12:55:50 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 Eric Siegerman <erics at TELEPRES.COM> wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 pauleatonjones wrote:
>>       Good grief. Am I the only one  respondent, so far, who
>> thinks that Doremi Fasol Latido is one of the finest albums
>> of all time let alone one of Hawkwind's  greatest?
>
>Only 'cause I haven't responded yet :-)

Second that.

>Doremi's production bites,

I disagree here, I think that the muddy wall of sound is essential to the
impact the album has, plus I really love it so there!

>but everything XXXXelseXXXX about the album is
>pretty much the quintessence of why I'm a HW fan.

Second that.

>The only other
>thing wrong with it is there's not enough of it -- which this...

>...would fix admirably!

Second that. I really really really want Nik and Dave to make nice so that
at least one barrier to the release of historical recordings like these
would not exist. Even if they only came out via something like the
Collectors Series, or a fan club type limited CDRs as has already been
proposed by Colin.

Stephan