HW: Guitars (more Geek Speak)

CWarburton at OAG.COM CWarburton at OAG.COM
Mon Jul 5 07:50:28 EDT 2004

The "Les Paul" that I've seen Huw toting with Hawkwind in recent years is actually a Guild Bluesbird - can't 'member if it was the one with P90s or the humbucker version.  Definitely a very nice guitar either way, and as "good" as a Les Paul (for want of a better way of putting it).  All power to Dave & Huw for not going with the standard stuff.  Me, I have a thing for Washburns & DeArmonds.

If anybody wants a Westone, they've currently got one in the London Bass Centre right now, and in Andy's on Denmark St. they've got an earlier version of the Ibanez/Roland thing with active cicuits & synth-pickup.
The latest version of the Roland guitar synth/hexaphonic pickup is ludicrously cheap (about £360 for both, or £99 just for the midi pickup ), so you could get the Westone and kit it out....

Cheers
ChrisW