HW: BOC: Fun with umlauts...

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Thu Jul 29 17:43:46 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 12:04:25PM +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> Henderson Keith wrote:
> >But how could they ignore Grotus, with umlauts over each of the four
> >consonants, but none over the two vowels?
>
> It's the Wikipedia; you should go and fix this! :)

A bit of a challenge, in ISO 8859-1 :-/

I find it amusing that Motörhead sorta kinda works ... Germans
please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "ö" make a sound
somewhat like schwa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwa)?  Not
exactly the same sound, and length and stress are all wrong, but
still...

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau