HW: Passport

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Wed May 12 12:32:59 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:42:22AM +0200, Pierluigi Fumi wrote:
> what does it mean that I have to send a SAE to Hawkwind? They need
> only a large envelope with my address or I have to attach also the
> stamps?

When I had this problem, I solved it by enclosing a couple of
International Reply Coupons (IRCs).  They were invented for just
this purpose.  See http://www.upu.int/irc/en/index.html for an
explanation.

They were quite expensive compared to a postage stamp, so one
wouldn't want to use them for large amounts, but I could live
with it for two coupons.  You should be able to buy them at your
post office.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau