OFF: DNA Cowboys (2nd draft)

Jeff Perkins jperkins at LYCOS.COM
Tue Nov 16 09:15:41 EST 2004

Of course, it might just be simpler to update some old songs into a
useable format. That way the old guys won't have to write/learn new music
for these new songs.

I thought we could update Magnu which already deals with an animal (and
sounds like a genetically modified animal at that, so maybe I didn't need
to stray so far) and make it about Dolly.

Dolly, sheep with off white wool, I want to cross you with a bull,
Taste like lean beef and not like old mutton, do it all at the push of a
button
Swift as anything that sheep might do, come to me like a good little ewe
Sunbeams are my shafts to kill all men who defy my will,
Deceit that fears the light of science fly from the glory of my defiance,
Good minds are open and take DNA until we have gene maps with which we can
play
A burning brand was seen to fall, it marked your rump for once and all,
The flying hoofbeats gamboling in, come to me and let us spin [wool
presumably].

Jeff