BOC: A "dizzying excursion into [3OC's] world"

Fri Oct 8 09:14:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Tony wrote:

> Al and Neil Peart are the only two drummers whose drum solos I don't use
> for a "comfort" break!

        Honourable mention for Jean-Paul Gaster from Clutch. All Clutch
songs should have a drum break in! Though I'm inclined otherwise to agree
with something I remember Larry Boyd saying about drum soloes, which was
to wonder why the band traditionally stops playing for these, when they
don't for any other instrument...

        Otherwise... Well, Carl Palmer's soloes are something to *watch*,
but not really to listen to. I've never yet had the luck to be able to
catch a Bouchard drum solo but I can well imagine it'd be music all right,
which is where most seem to fall down to my ears. Yours,
                                                         Jon

ObCD: Hawkwind - _Out and Intake_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)