HW: MC 'On The Ether' UPDATED

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Wed Oct 13 18:06:39 EDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Eric Siegerman wrote:

:Subject: Re: HW: MC 'On The Ether' UPDATED
:
:On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 01:36:19PM -0600, Mark Licht wrote:
:> > 'On the Ether' info updated on Mission Control:
:>
:>  What exactly is the update?  I didn't see anything new since the music
:> links.  Would it be possible to add a date of the last update on the page?
:
:This has often messed me up too.  I've just now realized why:
:  - "On the Ether" is NOT the same page as "Latest Info"
:  - you can't get to OTE directly from the home page, but only
:    from the navigation bar at the top of "inside" pages; this
:    lack of a home-page link is what has in the past confused me
:    into thinking that "On the Ether" was another name for
:    "Latest Info"
:
:OK, it makes sense that the two pages are separate; it looks as
:though LI is intended for hard news, and OTE for rumours and
:fluff (though the distinction seems rather fuzzy in practice).
:
:What doesn't make sense is that LI can be accessed from the home
:page, but not from the site-wide nav. bar, and OTE vice versa.
:ISTM that both pages should have links in both places.  Just
:another of those www.hawkwind.com mysteries...

You can always access both LI and OTE via direct URLs if the navigation
starts getting confusing.

LI: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~hwind/up_.htm
OTE: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~hwind/up_!.htm#ether

(Of course, you probably want to go via the official mechanism, since Rik
is likely to change these URLs as he works on the site, but these are good
as of right now....)

Thanks,

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT/ENSS                 tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #418    Chicago, IL 60637      fax: (773)702-0559