OFF: Misc. ranting...

Mon Oct 18 07:00:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Eric Siegerman wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 05:39:09PM +0200, Henderson Keith wrote:
> > we'll need to start having
> > tributes to bands that haven't even formed yet.
>
> Well, 10cc did a soundtrack to a movie that hadn't been made yet
> (and still hasn't, to my knowledge).  So did Bobbie Gentry and
> Gladys Knight, but both those movies did eventually get made :-)

        And The Mothers of Invention's _Uncle Meat_ did get made, but
probably shouldn't have been. Not that I've seen it but to judge from the
dialogue excerpts included on the remaster CD, it must have been
*awful*. Yours,
                Jon

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)