OFF: sappy prog

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 18 08:58:01 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/18/04 4:16:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:

> Caravan got everything I don't like about the whole jam-band thing
>  going. Nice bunch of people, apparently, but I won't complain if I never
>  see them play again. I've certainly never dared try their albums, even
>  though the two biggest fans I know are into much of the same stuff as me
>  (one of them's a death metaller who used to run Rise Above Records
>  website, for heaven's sakes--what?!).

Lee Dorian, wot?? ah, haven't listened to some old Napalm Death or Cathedral
in a while... (hey, chris??) see ya in a few months, jon? chuck, whose
appearances are becoming even more seldon than thou...and who's currently on the
brink of sleep-deprivation delerium, while having to go to work in a few
hours...withdrawals from alcohol sure are a bitch...if that's what it is... nevermind,
and this ain't sappy prog - n. death.  celebrating my 10-year boc-l
anniversary, remembering when i was just a wee lad, charles the grinning boy only
still...who where or what would i be now if i hadn't joined?? c

a few key moments and precious memories - Jill S's generous package to a
fledgeling: all for $10 incl. postage (a jewish memory) - Doremi (remember
thinking at the time that "brainstorm" was about the strangest thing i'd ever heard),
Roadhawks (w/a note from jill's vendor still in the sleeve from who knows
when) and the AoD/Trans Man single.
picking up the griffin box-set for Bernard, and being so excited when he gave
me permission to open it, so's i could dub what stuff i didn't have yet...my
hunger for fresh hawkwind was so intense at the time i would have eaten stale
hawk-droppings...hmmm... i got my first CD player just so i could purchase
hawk-discs from the then-good Best Buy, not ever finding hw in my old formats in
the stores of the area... BBC Radio 1, Church (STILL a favorite, even if it
really is solo brock-tronics basically, it all may as well be hawkwind to me,
they did beautiful electronic space-music under the mother name - I love
Brock-Tronics!! and what he and Harvey did together then!), MHWC...the lushness of it
all...Foff-puh mailing me a packet of lyrics...
the hand-full of space-rock exposures to follow...ADII, Gong, Can, Darxtar,
Pressurehed, '90s Nik...

the nostalgia is always there... from lee to all of that... c