HW: Its A Laugh (becoming more sombre )postscript

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Oct 27 05:58:17 EDT 2004

On 27/10/2004 10:48, CWarburton at OAG.COM wrote:
> R.I.P. John Peel (né Ravenscroft)
> I shed some tears.  Peel's been part of my soundscape for about
> 35 years, it's hard to believe that if I hear his voice again it
> will only be a "ghost in the machine".  Except when on holiday I
> haven't heard his Radio 1 show too much in recent years, but it
> was always a refuge, it was great to know that it was there.

That's because in recent years his Radio 1 show (at least the late night
one I sometimes heard -- maybe there were others!?) seemed dedicated to
an experiement along the lines of "How much hideous noise can I possibly
play without getting kicked off the air?" ;)  But then, I suppose that
was always part of his job :)

> Rock on, John!

Amen!

Cheers,