HW: Its A Laugh (becoming more sombre )postscript

CWarburton at OAG.COM CWarburton at OAG.COM
Wed Oct 27 05:48:49 EDT 2004

> Date:    Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:38:57 +0100
> From:    Mark Von Bargen <atnr63 at DSL.PIPEX.COM>
>
> Oh dear; WHO was it who dies??
> Sorry Roger!!

Adrian Henri, who was anthologised with McGough & Brian Patten in "The Mersey Sound" (probably the most successful of all of the "Penguin Modern Poets" anthologies) and was a member of "The Liverpool Scene" who more successfully combined music and poetry than most.  A sweet guy.

http://www.andyrobertsmusic.com/poetry.html

http://home.luna.nl/~poetry/part/41/

And more besides if you go and stick his name into google. Rather splendidly, and unusually these days, the google results really DO have a high signal-to-noise ratio for this search!

Also (I guess comments are already in, but I only get the digest)

R.I.P. John Peel (né Ravenscroft)

I shed some tears.  Peel's been part of my soundscape for about 35 years, it's hard to believe that if I hear his voice again it will only be a "ghost in the machine".  Except when on holiday I haven't heard his Radio 1 show too much in recent years, but it was always a refuge, it was great to know that it was there.  I have, however, been an aficionado of his Radio 4 "Home Truths" programme since its inception - true "human interest" broadcasting, untainted by tabloid sleaze or any kind of high-minded looking down.

A true public service broadcaster.

Rock on, John!

ChrisW
NOTICE: This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s). It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and attachment(s): you must not copy, distribute, retain or take any action in reliance upon the email or attachment(s). While all reasonable efforts are made to safeguard inbound and outbound e-mails, OAG Worldwide Ltd and its affiliate companies cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or are compatible with your systems, and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced. Thank you.